The Cutlers’ Hall
The Halls of the Cutlers’ Company
The first Cutlers’ Hall was built in 1638, and the two later Halls were built on the same site. The accounts show that the Company bought the land for the first Hall for £69.12s. Unfortunately, there are no contemporary pictures of this Hall.
This first Hall was demolished in May 1725 and the site cleared for the building of the second Hall.
There are no drawings or paintings of the first Hall while it was still standing. The is a later artist’s impression of how it might have looked.